- Jim Madden (keyboards, vocals)
- Phil Papotnik (saxes, guitar, vocals)
- Dave VanAmburg (guitar, vocals)
- David Blaetz (bass)
In the trio format, Jim plays keyboards and most bass lines, Phil mixes soprano and tenor sax with guitar, and Dave plays guitar.
They intertwine instrumental and vocal tunes, with all three sharing vocals, and Dave most often taking the lead. The vocal harmonies become more subtle with each outing.
Familiar But Unique
While Jim writes many of the initial jazz arrangements, all three tend to converse musically during performances. So you never hear the same song arrangements twice.
On other's compositions, you hear familiar melodies and rhythms, but always with a unique twist. You find them listening carefully to each other, and creating rhythmic lines on the fly, before moving off to the next.
Where To Find Them
The Dave VanAmburg Trio plays:
- The 4th Friday of each month at Maxi's in the Bel Aire
- Periodic Thursdays at the Kahkwa Club
- Periodic Sunday brunches at The Cork
- Periodic evenings at The Cove
- Special jazz concerts, such as as at the Unitarian Universalist Congregation, Waterford Days Festival, etc.
- Private parties and corporate events
You can schedule The Dave VanAmburg Trio through our Contact page.
Watch Their Music
You can view a sampling of the band's tunes in the Music section on this site.
Here's a version of Preston Foster's great tune, Got My Mojo Workin'